06/28/2014 11:36 PM
St. Joseph Mustangs closer, Brett Ash, will sign a contract on Monday with the Seattle Mariners.
Ash has been with the Mustangs all season and has posted stellar numbers thus far. He is tied for 1st in the MINK league with a 0.00 ERA and leads the league with 10 saves. Ash has also tallied 19 strikeouts to just 5 walks while only giving up 3 hits in 11.1 innings of work.
Brett has been a member of the Washburn Ichabod’s baseball team since his freshman year in 2010. This past season he started 9 games with 5 complete games and posted a win/ lose record of 5-3. In 56 innings of work he posted a 3.05 ERA with 51 strikeouts, 18 walks and only had a batting average against of .200 against him.
In his career at Washburn he had a 22-17 record, with 25 complete games, 266.1 innings, 199 strikeouts and only 86 walks. Ash had a career ERA of 3.48.
Brett has a number of school records at Washburn:
- 1st in games started with 40
- 1st complete games with 25
- 1st in innings pitched with 266.1
- 2nd in strikeouts with 199
- 3rd in career wins with 22
- T-3rd in Shutouts with 2
- T-8th Appearances with 42
- 9th in lowest ERA with a 3.48 ERA
- 12th in lowest BAA with a .200 avg against